Charred wood, carbonized plumes of ash on the walls, the acrid odor of chemicals, discolored and damaged appliances, and the headache of restoration: that’s what St. Peter homeowners face initially after a kitchen fire that began because of an unattended pot or pan or a grease spill. It may be even worse for business owners of a commercial kitchen. The specialists at ServiceMaster of Mankato and Waseca are experts at fire damage restoration and will respond quickly to begin the fire damage repair process.
According to the from last year, kitchens are the source of most of the structural fires in the state, especially among residential fires. When you think about it, it stands to reason that a regularly used heat source, whether hot electrical burners or open gas flames, is a risk. How often do pots boil over or frying pans burn food? A few more minutes of inattention could have led to fire damage. Even a grease fire contained to the stovetop can still cause smoke damage.
The best advice to prevent kitchen fires bears repeating:
- Don’t leave any cooking surface unattended. That means turn it off if you walk away for any reason
- Keep kitchen curtains short and make sure they can’t reach the cooking surface
- Have a fire extinguisher within reach at all times
- Make sure your extinguisher is appropriate for grease and electrical fires
- Don’t allow children to use the stove unless supervised
- Keep all smoke detectors in working order
- Consider installing a sprinkler system
If you do have a fire in your kitchen in St. Peter or anywhere else in your home or business, ServiceMaster of Mankato and Waseca is the best option for fire damage restoration. We can handle water removal, clean up and pack out debris, pack out belongings and damaged appliances for full restoration, and work with your insurance company and subcontractors to ensure that full fire damage repair is completed and fire and smoke damage restoration is done right. Disaster restoration doesn’t have to be a disaster in itself. Let ServiceMaster show you how the professionals handle fire disaster restoration. Contact us at (507) 931-6730 today!