If you live in Waseca, there are four main reasons you should be concerned about mold damage in your home. For one, it reduces the resale value and hurts whatever investment you have in the home. It also poses a health hazard to your family. It smells bad and offends your visitors. Finally, if you do have a mold infestation in your home, the situation isn’t going to get any better, it will only get worse as mold grows when given the opportunity. There you have it. And if you have it – you probably know if you do, due to the musty or mildew odor – it’s time to do something about it. In Waseca, the best solution for mold damage repair and remediation is ServiceMaster of Mankato and Waseca.
You may have mold in your home even if you’ve not experienced a flood or a water pipe break. In Waseca, as elsewhere in Minnesota, you may have mold in your walls and on the exterior side of your wallboard as a result of roof leaks caused by snow melt or from ice dams that developed on your roof months ago. The melting water pooled and slowly made its way down through small cracks, leaving moisture inside the walls and, with warmer weather, gave mold a head start. That’s just one possible cause.
- Use a humidity meter to determine the moisture level in the rooms in your home, especially in bathrooms, laundry areas and the basement. It should never rise above 50 percent humidity.
- Don’t take any kind of water spill lightly. If your bathtub overflows or your washer springs a leak, make sure everything is dried thoroughly. If carpeting and pads cannot be dried it should be removed.
- Use a humidifier in low-lying areas and in rooms that are cool and contain water outlets.
- Operate your air conditioner whenever there are dramatic differences in outdoor and indoor air levels.
- Make sure all vents and vent fans are working properly to push damp air outside. Some homes have fans, but merely drive damp air into ceilings. That’s a recipe for mold.
If you do have mold in your home or business in Waseca, ServiceMaster experts are the best to locate it. Our professionally trained technicians will handle mold removal, repair the mold damage, and finally do complete mold remediation – so that the mold threat will be eliminated.